Friday, November 13, 2009

Freaky Friday





This morning started off instantly with my in a panic! I shall explain..... Lastnight Stephen, Addison and myself were going to have dinner at Slopes BBQ. While I was finishing my make-up Stephen and Addison shared a quick before dinner snack in the kitchen. Addison ran into the bathroom saying "I don't like it!" and trying to spit something out of her mouth, when I ask "what did you give her?" he replies "just a bite of candy" and I say "well she doesn't like it" and returns with "she's being silly, she's had chocolate before". So no biggy right? And we press on. In the car Addison starts coughing, sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes (almost instantly) she had had a cold a few days before but was well over the hump and I had already backed off the cough medicine dosage because it was nearly gone. Once we arrive at Slopes she is almost getting worse and worse by the second and we are both really confused. Stephen starts questioning why I backed off the meds if she is still obviously sick and apparently it's a little worse now. I quickly state (I am trying to keep this conversation nice for bloggers sake) that she had NOT coughed like this in over 5 days and the medicine was just being wasted, we both then decided to pack the food up and head home to give her some medicine. As soon as we arrive home I give her the dosage of "Red" Triaminic and almost instantly she is healed! WHAT?? OK! Triaminic is good but it certainly ain't no wonder drug. I mean the cough was gone, not one more sneeze, not watery eyes NOTHING!! I am still blown away! Well, the evening rocks on and everything else takes place as normal, we play dolls, color, she got a shower with me and then eventually ate the rest of her dinner! She was completely fine! We read bed time stories and went to bed like normal. Well......... about an hour after she is asleep we were watching TV and he looks at me and says "I hope it wasn't that Reese's I gave her that made her do that" WHAT????????????? I flip-out! I went running upstairs to check her breathing (of course she was fine) and then I return downstairs to question him more. How much did you give her? You knew she had never had peanut butter? What the world where you thinking? Now he is feeling like poop and for the rest of the night was take turns checking on her and we even decided to let her sleep with us just incase she started having difficulty breathing. Well, well, well the next morning when she "Pops" her little head out of bed her entire face, eyes, lips, everything was swollen and I mean big time swollen! Instantly I check to make sure she is breathing normally, rush to get the Benadryl and call the Doctor's office. Because she wasn't having any signs of respiratory problems he wanted me to bring her to the office instead of the whole ambulance and ER mayhem. By the time we go to the office I could tell the swelling was going down but he insisted on re-checking her in 3 hours and then wanted to give me an Epi-pen training course. Awesome! Well in 3 hours the swelling was nearly gone (and she never seemed to be affected by it at all) and I had been given 3 Epi-pens and we were to start double and triple checking all of her foods and snack foods for any peanut or processed on equipment that processes peanuts too labels. All is well, and she apparently is only allergic to the actual nut and not any of the relating things, but we are always on the watch now and I had rather her just do without a particular cookie than to ever have to use that Epi-pen on her little thigh! I snapped a few photos after the first Doctor visit but not before! I was a little pre-occupied :) We are all very thankful that the Lord was watching Addison and wether we were arguing about it or not, he got us home to give her the Triaminic (that contains an Antihistamine) that stopped it all! And now we all communicate a little better because of this one accident. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment