Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I can do it.....

This morning was rainy and grey so we couldn't go outside and do our usual sliding and rakeing so, I had to find an indoor activity for us. Addison loves baby dolls. Since she could hold something in her hand it has been a doll. At this age now she likes to take their clothes off and usually she can get them back on with minimal help but today I thought we should try to diaper "Patrick Thomas". He is an old Cabbage Patch that belonged to one of my childhood neighbors who only has boys so she donated this baby to Addison. She loves him! Her GiGi gave her a girl Cabbage Patch for Christmas that she sleeps with (her name is Torrie) but Patrick Thomas is for play. She takes him outside and down her slide and sometimes he eats rocks! Poor Patrick Thomas! At least he is well loved and it isn't anything a quick trip to the washing machine can't fix! She was all about the challenge of the diaper. She told me more than once "I can do it mommy" so I sat back and gave a few verbal instructions but wasn't allowed any hands-on time. She did a really good job and for the most part the diaper will stay on. It is a lot tighter on one hip but he doesn't seem to mind at all.








YAY! Patrick Thomas is ready for more fun




No comments:

Post a Comment